Granola Dreams

My freshman year, my chief mentor was this woman:



Yeah, be jealous.

A lot of things in my life have been patterned after hers: a love of biking, spastic dance-partying, and my understanding of God's love and grace.  Leigh Ann was the first woman to disciple me, and I have been thankful every day for her beautiful input on my life.

The one thing that I desired most, however, was her granola-ish-ness. (If you are unfamiliar with the term granola, my working definition is "hippie without the drugs and free-love.") I gave up my dreams of granola-dom some time Junior year of college. As hard as I tried, I just wasn't into earthy colors, Chacos, tie-dye, hemp bracelets, or slack-lining.

But as my roomie and I talked recently, I decided that I am pretty granola/hippie/earthmuffin. I just really enjoy structured clothing and makeup.

Proof of My Flower-Child-ness:
  1. I am vegetarian am transitioning to flexi-vegan (more on that later).
  2. I prefer to be barefoot.
  3. I believe that the earth (even if fallen) is beautiful, holy, and glorifying to God and that we are responsible to care for it.
  4. I really love protesting (as long as it is a worthy cause).
  5. I really like recycling.
  6. I enjoy dwelling in and observing nature.
I consider that goal accomplished.

On to my next: a fully-finished, ready-to-publish work.

No comments:

Post a Comment