Insomnomania

I've noticed that each evening, my body is given a choice---fall asleep in the next 15 minutes or else do something crazy and spontaneous instead. I guess it makes sense. My body won't run on the previous night's sleep anymore and therefore requests fuel of one kind or another.

Adrenaline.

Sleep.

It's all the same in the long run, right?

After a long while at this whole "do something random" decision, I would like to inform you all that adrenaline is not sleep's equal.  Eventually you run out of steam and end up blogging about your need for sleep. If google is to be believed (and when is it ever to be doubted?), I probably do have acute insomnia. I should work on that.

Notes on the future of this blog: 
I acknowledge my failure as a blogger. The fact is that this is not my first blog to get the short end of the stick in my life. This is just one casualty in a long line of unfinished projects. It's not that I don't have plans for the blog. I'm just a little lazy in actually carrying them out.

I have a few ideas, some a little ludicrous and some a little serious.

  • weekly post on evangelism---why do we do the things we do, what are some issues that need to be addressed, methods and their effectiveness
  • Dating Part 2 (Megan?!?!)
  • actually getting Ludacris to host my blog
  • recording all of my deep convos from now on instead of writing my thoughts down (aka VLOG)
  • weekly post on one of the disciplines and what I'm learning about it
  • using this as room to discuss conspiracy theories (ex: the Ethiopians have the Ark of the Covenant... seriously)
  • random posts from awesome stuff I read/hear in seminary/the rest of my life
  • insights on ministry

I'm really not sure what I want to do. So if one of these strikes your fancy, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Ridiculous Moment of the Day: While talking about the Year of Jubilee in Bstud, I looked over at Debs and mouthed "redistribution of wealth." She gave me a look of reproach and put up a finger-stash and pointed at me. I finger-stashed back with my finger pointed up.

Latest and Greatest Life Plan: Primatologist, Ecologist, Conservationist, and TED Speaker. Save the orangutans; save the world!!

This man is my hero. Seriously

No comments:

Post a Comment